Followers

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Tutorial - Post-It Note Holder

Tutorial Wednesday at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug Challenge blog and it is my turn to give one, so here goes.    I was given this lovely post it note holder from a dear friend who for no reason, just because she wanted to, gave it to me. I treasure it  and  I thought what a nice thing to give someone a just because gift so I decided to make one . I thought it would not be fair to copy her design (which I love) and went  with a  similar version of my own.  The main thing to remember is the insert must be THIN! The following are my specks.  
Inspiration by  J. Batty
       



                           Post-It- Note Holder
   Supplies/Tools
  • photo frame holder
  • paper cutter
  • cardstock
  • designer Paper
  • die
  • image    
  • double sided tape 
  • colouring tools
  • posit-it/sticky note pad

      Instructions            
  •  obtain one  photo frame holder 6" x 4"- There are many to choose, this was my choice.

  1.  Cut a 6" x 4" piece of cardstock and a 5 3/4" x 3 3/4"  piece of designer paper 

      2.  Cut a 2 3/4' x 2 3/4 frame for the image from
            cardstock: 
                     I used a Spellbinders die cut  called
                     'Fleur de Lis Square' ,or use any die
                      of your choice with similar dimensions 


    3. Inner image   2" x 2"   
        I used Beautiful Blocks  -   Life   a Bugaboo image  
       You can use digital or rubber/clear stamps
  •  colouring  -  Prismacolor markers Spring Green, Leaf green and Chartreuse
  
   4.  adhere:  designer paper to the 6" x 4" cardstock,
        image to the die cut border, all to the designer  paper        
                          


    5. Insert into the frame holder


   6. Adhere post-it note pad to outside of the frame holder

                                           You are Done!

Challenges:
1. Artistic Inspiration: #168 ATG
2. Crafting from the Heart: #138:Always ATG
3. Craft Your Passions:#340 ATG
4. Love to Scrap: #90 ATG
5. Love to Craft: #4November ATG
6. The Paper Nest Dolls:Challenge 11 ATG
7. Brown Sugar Challenge: #226 ATG

9 comments:

  1. I love this Glenda...what a wonderful idea!!! I have made some post-it note holders before but not like this...I sure like this one and may make a couple for my son's teachers for Christmas presents for their desk!!
    Hugs,
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin GD at Bugaboo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and a great idea for Christmas gifts. Quick and easy and very useful. I made these for Girl Scout leaders a couple years ago but they'd make great teacher gifts too. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super!!!! I made one years ago but used the clear acrylic frames. I've never seen a photo frame like this....where did you get it? Hummmm....see some little gifts in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is such a sweet gesture - not to be questioned but enjoyed. Obviously a good friend. And I love your take on it as well. I've only seen the see through frames - not ones like yours - but still delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome
    Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great projects that anyone would find so useful and cute! Thanks for your entry into our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab idea.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges this week.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine X DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glenda, what an awesome tutorial and a beautiful gift to give a friend. I don;t know why your blog posts aren't coming to my email anymore. I hope that gets fixed soon because I miss your wonderful creations. I'll try to remember to come without the reminder but I have so many senior moments lately. LOL! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete